Tuesday, February 2, 2010

to take a day or not...

The weather around here has been crazy. First it snowed a ton this past weekend - around 8 inches which is a lot for winston-salem, rained all day today, and now it is supposed to snow this Friday as well. The only bad thing about this is that at my job we never close and I mean never so if I feel like I can't come in to work due to the snow then I have to take a vacation day. I am trying so hard to save my time for when I am out on maternity leave which hopefully will be some time this summer!! So here is hoping the snow holds out till after 5pm on Friday.

Is anyone else excited that tonight is LOST night???

1 comment:

  1. LOST = Amazing.

    On another note, I had a job with a company who has the same policy that you describe. It was a great job, but when I ultimately quit, that policy was a factor in the decision. Maybe one day there will be a mass-exodus of employees in the States, to protest such ridiculous policies. When the authorities urge people to stay home because of the conditions, it makes no sense for employers to implement a policy which urges folks to do the opposite.

    ReplyDelete