Sunday, January 16, 2011

October 25 (day 11)

met birthmother, shopping

I am so glad that we were able to meet with Solomon's birthmother. She traveled about 6 hours and spent the night in order to meet us. She came in the room and I knew it must be his mom because she had similar big wide set eyes like him. She shook Matt's hand and gave me the biggest hug...I will always remember that hug. I was very grateful that Solomon let her hold him and love on him. Throughout our time with her she let us video tape and take lots of pictures for Solomon to have. Here are a few questions that we asked her that I can remember off the top of my head.

Where she lived and what it was like, what kind of work she did, did she like it, family history, medical information, favorite meal, favorite color, why she gave Solomon up for adoption, about his father, asked who Solomon looked like, what was Solomon like as a baby, what did she want for Solomon, her favorite holiday, favorite time of year, we heard she loved to sing and asked her what her favorite song and she began to sing a song for us..such a treasure to have

Now I think of tons of things I should have asked her..such as about her childhood..did she go to school, what did she like to do as a child, I wish I had asked more questions about Solomon's birthfather and how they met.

The most important part for Matt and I throughout the whole morning with Solomon's birthmother was finding out that she was a Christian and how important her faith is to her.


After that emotional morning, we all went to eat with the Plumb family at Island Breeze. This restaurant has the most americanized food (I thought they had the best pizza). SIncethe hubby's were leaving soon, we decided to do some more shopping...we went to Tomoca for coffee, got some baskets, went to a map store. Our driver-Solomon- is the best haggler there is. 


2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine meeting his birth mother, but that is truly a treasure! Our little guy was found abanboned, and I feel terrible when I think what he might feel when he gets older! I pray everyday he knows how much we love him!! I couldn't love him more if I gave birth to him myself!! These babies are truly a gift from God!! Your son is adorable!!

    God Bless...
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solomon is adorable!
    Can't wait to meet this little guy!

    ReplyDelete