Monday, March 28, 2011

November 15 and 16 (Day 32 and 33)

November 15
This was an exciting day in our journey. Joanna's Aunt Venita was arriving late that night...it meant that our journey was coming to an end as my mom and mother in law were coming the next day. (I don't really remember what we did this day) Here are some pictures that Amy and Jeremy took (couple from our guesthouse adopting a little boy).





 These two sisters were getting ready to go to America.
November 16
We walked around with Aunt Venita to show her some of the city. We started off by going to Khaldi's were I had the best strawberry juice... kind of like a smoothie. Then we walked up the street a bit taking in the city. The streets of Addis are full of people everywhere. People walking, people sitting, people trying to sell you stuff, people begging, people shinning shoes, people are everywhere.  After walking a bit we went to eat at Lime Tree. Here are some pictures from that day.






 Joanna's Aunt Venita

Late that night Driver Solomon and I went to the airport to pick up my mom and mother-in-law. Never in my life have I been so happy to see them, so happy in fact that I started crying. Just a wave of emotions...knowing I was going home soon, happy to see some familiar people, excited for them to meet Solomon and see Ethiopia. After getting back to the guesthouse (it was only 5 minutes away at most), I went to go to sleep but Solomon woke up so I introduced him to his grandmas. 

1 comment: