Sunday, April 3, 2011

November 17 (Day 34)

Our day started off pretty easy just hanging out with Sol. My moms (mom and mother in law) needed some birr so we headed to the souvenir shops so that they could exchange money and decided to do some shopping while we were there. There are tons of little shops along two streets (they almost all have the same stuff) but you have to do a lot of haggling...by this point I had gotten pretty good at it since our driver Solomon was such a good teacher. 

(souvenir shops near post office area..my moms trying their hand at haggling)

(Some views of the city while riding in the car)





We then had lunch at Top View...my moms first taste of food in ET



my mom Judy, me, mother in law Amy
me and Joanna

We then drove through the market. Our driver wouldn't let us get out as he said we would get pick pocketed. There are people everywhere!!





















Then we went to Tomoca so that we could get some coffee to take home and got some baskets at a shop near by.


We were driving back to our guesthouse and saw this truck going by with loads of bubble wrap. We said how we wished we had some and our driver asked the people in the truck. They pulled over and gave us a huge roll of it so we could pack up our souvenirs. Just an example of how generous the people of Ethiopia are.

Then back to play with Solly!




No comments:

Post a Comment