Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adoption paperwork...

Well I think we have most of the paperwork ready for our Gladney application. Here is pretty much what we had to do and still need to do:

1. Application - completed
2. Adoption risk paperwork - completed
3. Gladney agreement - completed and notarized
4. Service plan - completed and gone over with our program assistant
5. Child preference form - Matt and I are going to let the agency pick the gender, but we did ask for a child under the age of 1 year old
6. Various other agreements - signed
7. Family photo's - we still need to get someone to take a picture of us in front of our house and take some pictures of the rooms in our house. I just cleaned so I should probably take those soon before the house gets messy again
8. Copies of birth certificate and marriage certificate - I just sent off for these (although we have them, we need certified copies from this year)
9. Employer letters - I am getting mine back from my supervisor tomorrow and hopefully Matt will have his completed next week
10. Physician reports - I just got a call today that mine is ready to be picked up so I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully Matt's will be ready next week
11. References - I already heard from one friend that she completed hers, only three more to go!
Then they will set up our home study, and we have to start working on our Dossier documents. I have already started on some of them as many are the same that are needed for the Gladney file. Things seem to be moving quickly and the paperwork doesn't seem so overwhelming anymore.


Last night I started looking at cribs!! There are so many styles to choose from. I can't make up my mind if I want something like this sleigh style or something really simple or even what color to get. What do you all think?






No comments:

Post a Comment